40 YEARS OF THE FIFTH DOCTOR
Highlights of the new issue include:
- The results of DWM’s World Cup of the Fifth Doctor, which saw his 20 television stories pitted against each other in a series of polls on Twitter.
- An exclusive look at the files of 1980s script editor Eric Saward, including new interviews with Eric and some of his prospective writers.
- A previously unpublished interview with the late Spencer Chapman, in which he discusses his design work on the 1960s productions The Dalek Invasion of Earth and The Space Museum.
- The final instalment of a two-part interview with Doctor Who’s outgoing executive producer Matt Strevens.
- A recreation of the sets from 1968’s The Wheel in Space, featuring new CGI models.
- How to navigate the BBC’s growing online archive of Doctor Who content.
- Collectivity explores the appeal of action figures.
- Apocrypha revisits Catalogue of Events, a short story in Marvel Comics’ 1983 Doctor Who Summer Special.
- The Fact of Fiction looks at 2009’s The Waters of Mars.
- The second part of Hydra’s Gate, a new comic-strip story for the Doctor, Yaz and Dan.
- Previews, reviews, news, Time and Space Visualiser, Sufficient Data and more.