David Banks talks with... is a series of in-depth conversations from the world of Doctor Who, each with an actor who has played the Doctor.
Jon Pertwee and David Banks first met in February 1983 when filming the twentieth anniversary Doctor Who story The Five Doctors. Six years later they worked together on stage in Doctor Who - The Ultimate Adventure.
Pertwee in Person, recorded on Thursday 19th April 1990 in the living room of Jon Pertwee's home, explores the incredibly full and varied life of one of our most extraordinary actors and storytellers. Out of the vivid anecdotes, the eccentric humour and wit, the moments of touching insight and the many voices (and sound effects) he conjures up, is created an indelible impression of the man himself.
Jon Pertwee - in person.
- Sitting in Jon's living room
- Learning to be a Greek wind
- Of course the war broke out
- They were very small and purple
- Moon Boots and Dinner Suits
- I was number three
- Did you get fed up with it?
- Worzel Gummidge
- Back to play Doctor Who
- A storyteller
- Product Format: 1-disc CD (jewel case)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Duration: Approx. 60 minutes
- Cover art and design by Andrew Skilleter
- Note: These CDs were not shrink wrapped (to make signing them easier)
- Originally released on Cassette in 1990