Recreations of the comic strip adventures of Steed and Mrs Peel which appeared in Diana magazine in 1966 and 1967.
1.1 Return to Castle De'ath by Simon Barnard and Paul Morris
Steed is left hanging, Emma pays the piper.
Steed and Peel return to the scene of an earlier adventure to find it much changed. Now a ski-resort, Castle De'ath is playing host to many new visitors - including a wealthy Prince targeted by assassins. Assigned as bodyguards, the Avengers have to keep the Prince alive and discover which of the Castle's guests are behind the murderous plot - before they succumb to it themselves.
1.2 The Miser by Simon Barnard and Paul Morris
Steed has a nasty scare, Emma has a pressing engagement
When the phrase 'sleeper train' takes on a very literal meaning, Steed and Peel witness the first action of The Miser, a terrifying extortionist. The race is on to stop his ambitious scheme - but in this case, appearances can be deceptive.
1.3 The Golden Dresses by Paul Magrs
Emma hits the heights of fashion, Steed plumbs the very depths.
The ladies of society can't get enough of Madame Zingara's Golden Dresses. Especially now their husbands have gone missing. Steed and Peel look into the world of haute couture to discover the dark secret of this latest craze. Can they pull it off with style?
1.4 The Norse Code by John Dorney
Steed has the horns of a dilemma, Emma milks her moment.
An agent has gone missing whilst holidaying in the Norfolk Broads. With an American nuclear bomb being stored in the region, Steed and Peel can't take any risks. But the last thing they expect to find on their boating trip is a Norse longboat. What are Vikings doing in East Anglia?
- Julian Wadham (John Steed)
- Olivia Poulet (Emma Peel)
- David Acton (Montague Pratt / Tannoy / Air Marshall Cuthbert Fortescue)
- Ewan Bailey (Brigadier / Ivan Stevenson / Venka)
- John Banks (Train Guard / Squire Trevithick / Dave)
- Jeremy Clyde (The Miser)
- Allan Corduner (James McTaggart / Murdoch / Crabtree)
- Jot Davies (Shop Assistant / Wellington / Farmer)
- Simon Greenall (Colonel Augustus-Smyth / Henchmen / Bodyguards / Assassin / Pilot)
- Francesca Hunt (Secretary / Marjorie / Ingrid Thornton / Brunhilda)
- Sam Kordbacheh (Prince Abdul Bey)
- Christopher Naylor (Emil / Sailor / Tutor)
- Jacqueline Pearce (Madame Zingara)
- Philip Pope (Reg the Trainspotter / Newsreader / Heavy)
- Sheila Reid (Morag McIntosh / Matron)
- Graham Seed (Dick North)
- Timothy Speyer (Captain Jolleye / Oswald English)
- Ruby Thomas (Countess Beatrice of Burgundy)
- Nick Underwood (Anton / Rough Sailor)
- Becky Wright (Nurse / Bunty)
- Product Format: 4-disc CD (slipcover box set)
- Number of Discs: 4
- Duration: 236 minutes