The Moon has been sucked through a wormhole in space and has arrived countless miles away from its proper place. The crew of Moonbase Alpha can only guess at the resultant devastation left behind on Earth. They must decide how best they can survive. Some Alphans find it difficult to let go of the notion of returning to Earth, others are facing the reality that they must find another home to ensure the survival of the human race. They can't survive on Alpha indefinitely.
1.1 The Siren Call by Andrew Smith
The people of Moonbase Alpha are recovering from the shock of their base and their Moon having been blasted through a wormhole in space. But now they are far from home with little hope of a return to Earth.
Ahead of them is the planet Meta, whose signal somehow caused this catastrophe. Could this be their new home or does yet more danger lie ahead?
1.2 Death’s Other Dominion by Roland Moore (adapted from the original teleplay by Anthony Terpiloff and Elizabeth Barrows)
A voice calls to the Alphans from a mysterious, snowbound planet. Can it be possible that humans from Earth have really colonised this remote world?
When Commander Koenig and his team investigate, they discover the planet Nival holds many terrible secrets.
1.3 Goldilocks by Andrew Smith
Not too hot, not too cold. The perfect planet on which life can thrive. But not all forms of life that thrive in the Goldilocks zone are peaceful.
Investigating this lush paradise, the Alphans must battle an ancient terror for survival.
Based on the original tv series created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson.
Space 1999 © ITC Entertainment Group Limited 1975 and 2021. Licensed by ITV Ventures Limited. All rights reserved.
Directed By: Nicholas Briggs
- Mark Bonnar (Commander John Koenig)
- Maria Teresa Creasey (Dr Helena Russell)
- Nicholas Asbury (Jack Tanner)
- Pippa Bennett-Warner (Allandra)
- Timothy Bentinck (Space Commissioner Simmons)
- Beth Chalmers (Freda)
- Clive Hayward (Professor Victor Bergman)
- Susan Hingley (Sandra Benes)
- Anthony Howell (Herris Stenbar)
- Chris Jarman (Dr Chaney Rowland)
- Glen McCready (Paul Morrow / Alan Carter)
- Terry Molloy (Cesar)
- Amaka Okafor (Dashka Kano)
- Tracy Wiles (Mary Page / Anne Sallis)
- Product Format: 3-disc CD (jewel case)
- Number of Discs: 3
- Duration: 234 minutes